Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pioneer Quilt

I wanted to share this quilt that I made in honor of my GrGrGr Grandmother Sarah Goode Marshall, who was a Mormon Pioneer. She pulled a handcart from Iowa to the Salt Lake Valley in 1856.  She brought her sister and 5 children from England to join the pioneers. She was one determined lady!




The quilt is machine pieced, hand appliqued and hand embroidered. Quilting was by Becky Jorgensen of PatchworkPosse.  The fabrics are civil war reproductions and the flowers were designed by Blackbird designs. The log cabin pattern is a replica of a quilt made in the 1800's by one of her daughters. I think it turned out beautiful!!

Happy Quilting!!

-Angie

3 comments:

Julia said...

I love the image of the woman pulling the handcart? Is it your own design? Would you be willing to share a higher resolution image of that picture?

Quilting Melodies said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quilting Melodies said...

I got the image free online. It is from a blog named. Papercutting.blogspot.com. It’s a 2009 post titled “template Tuesday “ she even titled it Sarah’s Handcart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!