Monday, July 23, 2012

Finding my Heritage in the Desert


Last week I had the chance to travel to Wyoming with my hubby. 

 I visited a few quilt shops (any I could talk the honey into stopping at) and visited a few historical monuments along the way. 

My favorite stop had to be on the Oregon Trail. 
Along this trail is where over 100,000 immigrants traveled in the mid 1800's on their way to a better life out west. Many members of my family line traveled this same route by foot on their way to the Salt Lake Valley.  Men, women, children and infants. They slept out in the wilderness, traveled through all weather and often went hungry.  


When we stopped at the trail it was extremely hot, (almost 100 degrees) adding to the reality of what the pioneers went through.  The trail is out in the middle of nowhere, not a building or soul in sight.  It was truly an amazing experience.  



-Angie

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive

Here Fishy Fishy

Copyright


Just a friendly reminder that any designs or projects I post here, unless otherwise credited, are copywritten by me. They are to be copied for personal use only. No other dupilcation can be made without prior consent of QuiltingMelodies. Thanks!